Childcare Operation Recovery Grant Program
$4,000,000 has been allocated out of the Montgomery County Recovery Plan for the Childcare Operation Recovery Grant Program. It provides operational grants to licensed Childcare Providers and School-aged Before- and After-Care Facilities in Montgomery County to help them recover from the financial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic caused by decreased enrollments, reduced staffing, and/or closures due to COVID-19 outbreaks. To be eligible for this program, providers must be licensed by the Pennsylvania DHS/OCDEL Bureau of Certification and must have a physical address within Montgomery County. The amount of each grant will be determined by the number of children for which the facility is licensed.
Grant Program Overview
A total of $4,000,000 has been allocated for the licensed Childcare Operation Recovery Program and will be implemented in two phases. It will be focused on licensed Childcare Provider facilities in Montgomery County out of the County’s federal allocation for American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)/State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF). Out of the allocated funds, $500,000 will be reserved for a substitute teacher sub pool for further assistance at no cost to eligible providers. This will be part of phase two of the program.
The intention of the program is to help childcare providers recover some of the revenue lost as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic from decreased enrollments, reduced staffing, and/or closures due to Covid-19 outbreaks.
- Childcare and Before- or After-care facilities must have a physical location in Montgomery County and be licensed by DHS/OCDEL Bureau of Certification.
- Providers must be in “Active” status meeting all compliance standards at the time of application submission.
- New providers in operation on or after March 2020 will receive a reduced amount equal to 75% of the eligible funds for licensed capacity.
- Providers that opened on 5/12/23 or later are not eligible for the grant program.
Up to $2,500.00
Up to $5,000.00
Up to $10,000.00
Up to $15,000.00
before- or after-care providers
Up to $5,000.00
All applications will need to provide:
- All licensed providers must provide their MPI ID number for application submissions.
Application Process and Deadlines
- Applicants will apply online via Montgomery County's online submission form by clicking the 'Apply' button.
- The deadline to submit applications has been extended to March 1st, 2024.
Application review includes:
- Eligibility for the grant program
- Verification of the facility against DHS/OCDEL Bureau of Certification.
- The amount that the facility would be eligible for per the program guidelines.
Grant Program Contact:
- For specific questions regarding your organization, please contact your current assigned Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) Keystone STARS Quality Coach.
- For general grant questions:
Email: email@example.com | (610) 278-3000 ext. 4021
For answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the grant program, please click this link