Any parent who is considering the termination of their parental rights and is in need of counseling concerning the decision may apply to the Court for referral to an agency or qualified counselor. The cost of this adoption-related counseling is covered by the Court's Counseling Fund, which is funded by a portion of each Report of Intent to Adopt filed in the county. Parents may apply for a counseling referral themselves by completing the Adoption Counseling Application, or may be referred by a professional who completes the Adoption Counseling Application - Professional Referral

The Court maintains list of qualified counselors for referrals. Counselors interested in inclusion on the list should complete the Counselor Application.

Applications for counseling referrals, counseling list inclusion, and any questions should be directed to  the Orphans' Court Administrator .