Drug and Alcohol Recovery Support Services

A Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) is a person with lived experience in overcoming substance use. A CRS can help an individual find his/her pathway to recovery and bridge the gap between identified needs and available resources.

Recovery Support services are funded through the Office of Drug and Alcohol. There is no cost to Montgomery County residents. Recovery support services include: 

  • Assistance accessing various community resources (education, housing, transportation, recovery supports, medical, etc.)
  • Guidance on the recovery process and recovery education
  • Help with developing a Personal Recovery Plan
  • Assistance in building life skills
  • Introduce and engage persons to the recovery community (E.g. NA, AA, Al-Anon, Nar-Anon)
  • Provide support before, during, and after treatment
  • Advocacy
  • Outreach to individuals in early recovery
  • Referrals to case management services

Montgomery County residents interested in Recovery Support Services should contact one of the following agencies:

Agency Address Phone
Creative Health Services 11 Robinson Street, Pottstown, PA  19464 610-327-1503
Gaudenzia - Norristown 166 West Main Street, Norristown, PA  19401 610-279-4262
Gaudenzia - Willow Grove/Dresher 830 Twining Road, Suite 1,  Dresher, PA  19025 215-433-1634
Montgomery County Recovery Community Center 601 DeKalb Street, Suite 1, Norristown, PA  19401 484-383-0805

Interested adults with Medical Assistance benefits can also contact Pro-Act at 484-383-0802. Pro-Act holds a contract with Magellan Behavioral Health for these services.


Support Groups
Naloxone Education and Distribution Events
PA Get Help Now (1-800-662-HELP)