Home Repairs Program
Montgomery County’s Offices of Housing & Community Development and Public Health administers several programs to assist low- and moderate-income households to make repairs to both owner-occupied and rental properties.
How to Apply
Our home assessment and repair programs may have differences in eligibility requirements. To determine which program is most suitable for your needs, please complete our referral form:
A member of our staff will review your referral form to help direct you to the most appropriate program. If it is determined that you may be eligible for one or more of our repair programs, you will receive further instructions on how to submit an official application.
Eligible home repairs/services may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead paint, asbestos, and mold remediation
- Heater system, furnace, and hot water replacement
- Weatherization (for example, air sealing, installation of insulation)
- Water damage repair
- Roofs, floors, ceilings, stairs, and foundation repairs
- Plumbing repairs
- Electrical repairs
- Healthy Homes assessments
- Septic system repair
- Accessibility Repairs (for example, bathroom modifications, ramp addition/repair, installation of lifting devices, installation of grab bars/handrails)
- Correction of security deficiencies such as the replacement of exterior doors and windows.
- Lateral connections to water and sanitary sewer extensions imposed by a local water authority or government.
- Other repairs necessary to correct code violations or ensure homes are fit for human habitation and free of hazardous conditions
In general, cosmetic repairs are ineligible.
In general, home repair programs will prioritize:
- Households in a Justice40 census tract, which include parts of Ambler, Norristown, Pottstown, and Souderton
- Owner-occupied households making 65% of Area Median Income or lower based on household size
- Households with the presence of young children, older adults age 62 or older, and/or persons with disabilities
- Pre-1940 and pre-1978 housing stock
- Habitability repairs and accessibility repairs
Eligible households in all municipalities are welcome to apply, as this will be a dynamic prioritization system based on various factors outlined above.
More information on individual repair programs can be accessed at the below links:
Montgomery County Office of Housing & Community Development
- Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Whole Home Repairs Program (WHRP)
- Healthy Homes Production Program
Montgomery County Office of Public Health
Other Housing Resources
- Housing Equality Center of PA - Know Your Rights as a Renter
- Montgomery County Housing Authority
- Montgomery County Mobile Home Parks Program
- HUD Fair Housing Act & Housing Discrimination
- Legal Aid of Southeastern PA – Housing
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- ACLAMO - Weatherization Program
- Genesis Housing Corporation - Single System Repair Program
- PA Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) - Home Improvement & Repair Loans
Contact the Office of Housing & Community Development at (610) 278-3540 with questions regarding repair programs and eligibility.